Antarctic Explorer: Discovering the 7th Continent on World Explorer
If this is your first visit, our classic Antarctic Explorer voyage gives you the best of the stunning Antarctic Peninsula in 11 days. Conquer the famed Drake Passage in your choice of four stabilized, polar-class vessels; explore majestic natural environments by zodiac and on foot; get up close and personal with penguins, whales and other wildlife; and enjoy talks on history, biology and glaciology by onboard polar experts. You can personalize your adventure with options that suit your interests, and cross the 7th Continent off the list-your way.
Starting in 2021, this itinerary allows you to the opportunity to experience our pioneering new vessel, Ultramarine. This purpose-built vessel is designed to extend the boundaries of polar exploration and offer an unmatched Antarctic experience, including a flightseeing tour you’ll never forget and a range of adventure options more extensive than any other ship in its class.
- Discover why this trip is perfect for first-time visitors to Antarctica
- Explore highlights of the Antarctic Peninsula
- Travel safely and comfortably aboard any of Quark Expeditions’ three small, ice-strengthened expedition vessels
- Learn about the environment and wildlife from on-board lecturers and specialists
- Experience abundant wildlife: penguins, seals, whales and more!
- On select itineraries, arrive in Buenos Aires, Argentina, the tango capital of the world, and let us take care of the rest of your journey
Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer. Not only is it among our fastest ships, it is also one of our finest, with six tiers of deluxe accommodation.
The personal space is exceptional. Every suite has either a private walk-out or French balcony for direct ocean views. World Explorer also delivers plenty of public areas to unwind in after a day outdoors, including the glass-domed Observation Lounge for quiet contemplation and full skyline views, the Explorer Lounge for a drink and a chat, and the library for more intimate relaxing and reading. Presentations and discussions are facilitated in a dedicated lecture theatre.
Health and wellness facilities feature an outdoor running track, a small gym and a sauna, plus a spa with change rooms, showers and lockers. For the active adventurers, add-ons include kayaking, camping and stand-up paddleboarding.